Thursday

Busy busy busy/ Andrej Pejic

I havent posted in a little while mainly because I have been so busy with uni.. I am currently working on a 10,000 word report with a group of 5 of us and although its going pretty well its just soo time consuming. As well as uni I am working (Sainsburys) which seems to completely take over my weekends.

Anyway something/someone that has really caught my eye recently is the model Andrej Pejic. An Australian model who came to London to find a place in the modelling industry but was ultimately unsuccessful at a number of agencies as he lacked the masculinity that rules the male modeling industry. It was only when Carine Roitfeld decided to have him pose as a female for an editorial shoot that his career took off. Since then he has been successful with a number of high fashion houses walking for numerous designers during fashion week- both male and female. Anyway, although his unique look is what made me notice him it is the fashion industries "acceptance" of him that interests me. Andrej Pejic is the first male model (in my eyes) that leaves his gender up to the viewer. He is metrosexual and proud. He doesn't fit into anything we class as stereotypically normal- gay, straight- boy, girl- etc.. The fashion industry has has embraced his differences and I think its open the door for may more (literally) PRETTY boys to enter the modelling industry and blur the lines between male and female fashion. If its ok for a girl to wear a boyfriend cardigan why is it not ok for a boy to wear a girlfriend one?




“I guess professionally I’ve left my gender open to artistic interpretation”


3 comments:

  1. inspiring picts!! thanks for sharing!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow essay ^

    really nice blog! you've got a new follower :)
    hope your reports coming on okay, we also have a 10,000 word essay which is for Unilever, it's such a bummer.

    Keep up the good postingting.

    Mr Clouston

    http://mrclouston.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's more beautiful than many women in the industry

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete